(802) 827-0930Contact Us
Elastic Mooring Systems from Hazelett Marine
The Hazelett elastic mooring system essentially uses a large rubber band that's very strong — a single band is rated for a boat up to 10,000 lbs, & more bands will hold up to 35 tons.
It has several big advantages versus chain systems – better longevity, smoother shock loading, no contact with the lake floor, & less maintenance.
Initial cost is higher, but typical lifecycle cost is lower. Hazelett's are more reliable overall — the entire system is buoyant so it will never catch on your mooring block or the lake bottom.
There are major benefits versus a chain rode mooring:
- Elastic rode stretches by up to 3 feet to protect your boat!
- No chain — synthetic Uniline™ is tougher & doesn't corrode.
- Spar buoy is left out in the lake year-round, even in thick ice.
- No risk of wrapping on the mooring block or catching on the bottom.
- Shorter length keeps your boat pointed into the wind & prevents swing.
- Far less wear / longer life compared to a chain rode.
Prices start at $1,100. Hazelett Elastic Mooring Systems are made in the USA & assembled at their Vermont warehouse.
For more information, please contact us with any questions or for a quote.
FALL 2018 MOORING INSPECTION DEAL: $115* including HD video. Save your boat! Discounts for multiple moorings. Sign up here.* May be a bit more depending on your distance from South Hero, ask for details. Schedule now for warm water rates.
4x4x1' CONCRETE BLOCK SPECIAL: 4 available Very good condition. Available to Inland Sea / Keelers Bay area customers. Contact us for details.We also sell new concrete mooring blocks in various sizes, from 300 to 6,000 lbs (out-of-water weight).